Thursday 18 June 2009

Weather systems at Sea

Having lived much of my life near the sea, well my main youth years, I have a total fascination with water in its many forms.

The encaustic medium is amazing at helping to create the image of lucidity and volume of water on a support.  Here are a couple of examples to be found in my Etsy shop.

The first painting in wax is that of a turbulent weather system which can produce ‘twisters’.

imageImagine the wind howling as it pulls up the water into an amazing rough sea and then tries to drag air up into twister shapes.

In total contrast my next painting, A Cliff Walk,  is that of an image I often encountered as I walked along cliff tops on an island called Guernsey in the Channel Islands (mid way between England and France).  Although there are many concrete relics of WW2 from when Hitler invaded the islands, there are many areas of peace where the walker is allowed to enjoy and contemplate along with the local birds.

imageimage

4 comments:

ARTISANNE DESIGN said...

Wow, you are a fantastic artist, beautiful work :0)

Kat said...

Wow -- BEAUTIFUL work!

Meghann said...

Fantastic! I can smell the water and the sand :)

Ana said...

These two paintings are sure deeply reflected by your experiences at sea. I feel these paintings intrinsically.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin