Wednesday 14 January 2009

From one size extreme to another

You might say I am going from one size extreme to another! Compare my large encaustic from the last post to this ACEO which is sized as 2.5" x 3.5" as all ACEOs are supposed to.

A little while ago I decided to list a few of my paintings on a new site called Silkfair.com still using my normal shop name of On A Whimsey.

The site is relatively new and is in direct competition with Etsy. So much so that they openly suggest you can import your listings from Etsy and this I tried. It works! You can import and then decide which ones you will make live. The same goes for items on Ebay.

Why not check out my shop? http://silkfair.com/onawhimsey

One of my ACEOs is listed which is called Beleaguered Raft image

The description reads as follows:

Do you remember the Kontiki expedition which was undertaken across the ocean in a wooden raft? As I was developing this ACEO it came to me that this rather reminded me of that. A large sailing raft with the wind howling around its sails tries to battle the wild sea.

Just another example of what you can do with wax!
image

2 comments:

ABrushWithHumor said...

Never heard of encaustic art - beautiful and fascinating. Thanks!

Robin

Emmett said...

This is a great post thanks for writing it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin