Tuesday 5 May 2009

Ronda, Costa del Sol, Spain

At last some time to spend to create a couple of ACEOs based on photographs I took whilst on vacation in Spain recently.

By car we travelled for about an hour up into the mountains until we came to a town/village called Ronda which boasted some amazing views.  After looking at a couple of photographs that I took whilst visiting I was prompted to interpret them in the encaustic medium.  Here are the results!

image which became this image!

image

 

 

 

 

 

Just before the incredible bridge straddling the gorge we walked along some steep cliffs which afforded us some amazing views down the valley.

image

This image in turn became this painting for me.

image

 

 

 

 

It is always interesting to see how an artist views their own image in their minds.

image

6 comments:

Thorne said...

This is one of those strange synchronicitous moments that I should be used to by now. Just today I picked up a book on this Encaustics and was instantly enthralled with the medium. Then I come home and do some dropping and here you are. VERY cool!

storybeader said...

great looking - nice you're able to take your medium on vacation! Are these the cards? A fantastic idea - small and affordable size!

Rose said...

Great cards, you've caught the essence of each place!

Gregorio said...

Being born in Southern Spain myself I can appreciate your visions and enthusiasm.There is so much to be inspired by.These are wonderful paintings.

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Those are gorgeous! I'm sooo jealous that you got to go to Spain!

Sarah said...

Hi Pat,

I know that this isn't exactly a comment, but I couldn't find your e-mail address, and I wanted to write and tell you about a new website for artists, musicians, fashion designers, and filmmakers: www.PutItOn.com. I've been using the site as an artist and have my work there, and am trying to support it because I believe in it. Basically, the site allows artists from all over the world to connect, display their portfolios, and sell their work (with NO commission taken!). The site gives artists a FREE gigabyte of space to showcase their portfolios, allows you to stream audio and video works, lets you create live personal broadcasts, and translates any writing into ten different languages. If you could take the time to visit the site, and if you like it too, let your readers know about it, and even sign up yourself or link to it on your site it would be greatly appreciated! We are trying to make a go of helping out artists everywhere and are trying to get the word out, so please help us out if you like the site after checking it out! Thank you!

All the best,
Sarah at PutItOn.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin