Wednesday 13 May 2009

An ACEO for Spring in encaustics

Global warming they call it.  So, why is it still cold, wet, windy etc etc?  At least the grass, weeds and lovely flowers are flourishing.

In celebration I created this ACEO entitled ‘Astor’ which I have for sale in my Etsy shop.image

Remember!  An ACEO only has one rule.  It must be 3.5” x 2.5”.  It can be made in any medium you like.  I find in these days of ‘the credit crunch’ (I have come to dislike that phrase because it covers a multitude of sins) people still enjoy art but might not have enough spare cash to spend out.  So, by creating ACEOs you can own an original piece of art, show it off however you wish without breaking the bank.

How to display your ACEO?  Try framing it.  These days you can purchase frames and mounts specifically for ACEOs like image Custom Art Framing who sell these on Etsy.

Or you can place your ACEO in an album on your coffee table ready for your guests to browse!

Another way to display your collection of ACEOs is to place them on individual stands image such as these from Pettman Art on Etsy.

Or, you could be really classy and use this black stained glass stand from Nonnie’s Treasures.

image

3 comments:

Maggie said...

I collect ACEOs and I love the one I got from you! It is a great way for someone to see the truly unique look of encaustics for themselves, too. While your photography is very good, your paintings have a texture to them that I think is much easier to appreciate in person.

Priti said...

Thanks Pat for visiting my blog. Love your blog- very interesting and varied, love the topics you cover.Also. love your work - i have never tried encaustic before but i am sure it is fun.

One Creative Queen said...

Beautiful! Then again, you always do such beautiful work. :) I like the stained glass stand - I'd never seen one like it before. You're so talented, every time I look at your blog I want to immediately run and get my wax...but then I'm totally intimidated. You're work is incomparable!

I "tagged" you on my blog. I don't know if you have time to participate - if not, I totally understand. (Took me over a week to get mine up!) The link is http://bit.ly/13Psft. I hope you have time - I'd love to see your answers!

xx
Katherine

Blog Widget by LinkWithin