Friday 2 October 2009

A brush with Winter

One of my latest additions to the ACEO family…..

First of all, what is an ACEO?  Well, there is only one rule governing the creation of an ACEO which is short for Art Cards, Editions and Originals.  That rule being that an ACEO must measure 3.5" x 2.5".  No more, no less.  It can be portrait or landscape and be created in any medium.

This means that if you are interested in original art you can now afford to have your very own collection!  There are different ways of showing off your collection too.  Either you can purchase all manner of miniature easels on which to stand your treasured ACEO or you can place them in attractive albums which are then placed on your coffee table so you and your visitors can browse to your heart’s content.  Another idea is to mount them in frames, either individually or as a group.  Sometimes, using this latter method, especially if grouped by subject matter or colour, you can give quite a visual impact!

Anyway, back to showing off my latest ACEO for sale in my Etsy shop!

This one I entitled ‘Winter’s Brush’.  I know winter is just around the corner in the northern hemisphere but maybe this little spot has already been brushed by the cold of winter and then was just left?

close up

3 comments:

DonidoDesigns said...

Very pretty!

storybeader said...

very nice! I love the little ACEOs!

Fayme Zelena Harper said...

Hi,
I haven't made ACEO's in a while but after seeing your great blog, I may have to get back to it. I bought a mini iron for encaustic, but have yet to use it. I snapped up one of your PW spots too. Yay, what a cool blog.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin